Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Edinburgh Control Tower Visit
Drew
Hi Flyers

I'm organising an exciting chance to view the Edinburgh control tower !

Wednesday 16th July at 6pm

We've all saw the Big Golf Ball Tee shaped building at Edinburgh Airport, It houses Edinburgh NATS & Air Traffic Control.
But how many of us have actually been inside ?
and how many have stood at the top of the Control Tower to see Jets take off and land?

Now is the chance to see the amazing 360 Degree views from the busy Air Traffic Control tower at Edinburgh Airport
& then see radar in operation & an informative presentation from Nats.

They will then give us a Presentation regarding the Edinburgh airspace, the do's and Donts.... and answer any burning question we may have ?

they even throw in a free car park..... What more could a Pilot ask for ?

I've managed to secure 10 spaces which will be given on a first come , first serve basis.

Dont miss out on such an epic ATC Tower !

More information on this Forum nearer the time of the visit...

I need to give Edinburgh ATC the names of those who are attending: so who's joining me on this quest ?
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

tball1
Count me in, Drew!

Drew
hi

Can everyone attending this event please post their name on this thread.

I need to confirm all names to Nats before the event.

full details of the event and times, meet up point etc will be posted on this forum nearer the time.

Its a fantastic evening out and you'll also learn about correct procedures from the ATC.... A Win - Win for all !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Gavin
Definitely up for this visit

bmeechan
Shifts sorted, I'm up for it!

Gedry
Count me in.
G-EDRY

MarkC
Stick my name down Drew!

Mark

msmith585
Put my name down too capt drew sir

Drew
Captain Rumbles attending too ?
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Kirsten
Can you put my name down please
Kirsten Smile

ncmcgill
Yes, I'd like to go.
Neil

Drew
Everyone that's replied above - will be going to the Ball ....

the full details will be posted on this forum nearer the time of departure.

good response - cheers !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
Edinburgh Control Tower - Wednesday 16th July at 6pm

Directions:
Take the Edinburgh airport turn off and proceed down the airport road & go straight on through the mini roundabouts and traffic lights untill you come to the last roundabout before the airport terminal.

Do not turn left at this roundabout ( if you pass the Spitfire your going the wrong way)

At the last roundabout go straight on into the short stay car park.
At the barrier you will be issued with a parking ticket.
Proceed into the car park and park near the control tower.
We shouldaim to meet at the gate outside the control tower at 6pm.

Once everyone has safely arrived, we will all proceed through the security gate into the Nats control tower. We will then receive a tour of the Tower, see the Radar in operation and then have a Q & A session afterwards.

If anyone would like to donate a packet of Chocolate biscuits to the controllers, then i'm told this would be very much appreciated.

Once we've finished the visit we will be issued with a free car park pass !!!

If anyone has any questions please post here or give me a call.

Otherwise, see you all on Wednesday evening ! Cool
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Gedry
Does anyone need a lift through on Wednesday?
G-EDRY

Drew
hi Ged

Kirsten requires a lift from Dundee to Edinburgh airport..... ( Kirsten has posted above )
Liam said he would oblige but can you stop off at Tayside clubhouse just to make sure she's got a lift buddie ?

just to be on the safe side and to ensure everyone has transport ..

cheers dude
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Gedry
My apologies Drew and Kirsten for the short notice , but something has cropped up the requires my attention tomorrow, I will have to call-off. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Ged
G-EDRY

MarkC
We will be driving down in the Tayside van this evening, so just meet at Tayside for a 1630 departure, if you are needing a lift!

See you then!

Drew
I sent a letter to Edinburgh Nats thanking them for being so hospitable on our visit.

The ten people from Tayside agreed it was an informative, exciting & an educational evening - and we are now more confident to give Nats a call and enter their Edinburgh airspace.

thanks to all who attended !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: